Committed Texas Adoptions Law Firm
San Antonio, Texas
Adoption offers an ideal way for an individual or couple to provide a loving home for a child when the biological parents cannot do so. At the Law Office of Margaret M. Priesmeyer-Masinter, we offer compassionate legal assistance to clients throughout the San Antonio area who seek to adopt a child.
Our firm has helped successfully guide many people through the Texas adoption process, ever mindful of the sensitive nature of family law matters. Contact us for adoption advice and the highest level of personal service.
As in most states, the State of Texas has authority to govern adoptions and regulate adoption agencies. The Interstate Compact laws impose a few additional regulations with regard to interstate adoptions. This compact ensures adopted children taken out of their birth state will have the same protections they would if they remained in that state.
Adoption lawyer Margaret M. Priesmeyer-Masinter is available to assist clients with experienced legal representation in several types of adoption, including:
- Open or Closed Adoptions - In open adoptions, birth and adoptive parents meet and remain in contact afterwards. If they choose not to have any contact, the adoption is considered closed. Both types have concerns. We can help you understand these and decide which is right for you.
- Private Adoptions - Adults in Texas must file a petition to adopt a child. Married couples must file together and state law prohibits discrimination against the adopting individuals because of race or ethnicity. We can help you with initiating, qualifying, and finalizing these adoptions.
- International Adoptions - Many international adoptions function similarly to domestic adoptions with additional rules, such as that both parents must be Unites States citizens. We can help make the process less stressful.
- Family Adoptions - Sometimes referred to as relative adoptions, this type includes stepparents, grandparents, or other relatives. Biological parents must consent.
- Interstate Adoptions - In these adoptions, a child is removed from their birth state to live with a family from a different state. These adoptions must comply with the Interstate Compact offices in both states.
Regardless which form of adoption you choose, we strive to provide skilled, experienced adoption assistance. We focus on attentive service that protects your rights as a future parent, and the best interests of the child you will welcome into your family.
For caring, knowledgeable and experienced legal counsel with your adoption, please contact us today.